My Virtual Academy focuses on student success and making the learning experience simple with easy to use courses.
In addition to our great teachers and staff, all enrolled students receive:
- One loaner computer or tablet fully loaded with all academic programs needed
- Internet access (if needed)
- Technical support
You may also use your own computer equipment if it meets the system requirements for My Virtual Academy programs. Learn more about these system requirements.
My Virtual Academy uses customized Edmentum courseware. Our courses feature an instructional design that is both interactive and easy to use. All My Virtual Academy courses meet national and state standards. Features and benefits include:
- High quality certified teachers dedicated to helping students achieve success
- Interactive, media-rich curriculum designed with activities and learning tools to engage students.
- Students have many tools and resources to help in the learning process:
- Reading tools include dictionary, slide narration, and click-to-speak
- Highlighter for note taking
- Computerized note taking section
- Translation Tool
- Scoring rubrics
- Table of Contents
- Ability to replay and repeat lessons until mastery is achieved
- Instructional Design promotes learning by interacting with the curricula
- Provides student skills mastery and practice
- Provides real-world application
- Teachers monitor each student's progress daily and track their activity.
- Courses are accessible 24/7 so My Virtual Academy students can complete course work at their pace
Schoology is the Learning Management System we use to communicate and provide updates. Key benefits include:
- Award-winning Learning Management System
- Helps parents, students, teachers, and district mentors communicate easily
- Includes instant messaging
- Schoology app lets students take My Virtual Academy wherever they go
Tech and Academic Support
We know that sometimes online learning can be confusing. When students need help, we will be there to help answer questions and solve issues.
- We provide all the technical support the student may need
- If students or parents need help, our techs are a phone call away
- Teachers, Success Coaches, and District Mentors are just a phone call away.
- Specialized tutors are available when needed
Mrs. G helped me when I first started in the program with chemistry, a class that I came into unsure of because of my previous teacher at my previous school. She helped with everything I asked, literally she made sure I understood every question and got the best grade I could. She was always super positive and motivating!
Olivia E., My Virtual Academy