When a student struggles in school and fails to overcome challenges, it's not just a problem for the students, their family and the school district.
It also means school districts lose revenue, see graduation rates drop, and affects the reputations of the district in the eyes of the community.
By partnering with My Virtual Academy, school districts find solutions to these issues.
Currently, we partner with many school districts throughout Michigan, with plans to continue growing those partnerships. Districts partnering with My Virtual Academy realize multiple benefits including:
- Our shared revenue model helps districts recoup revenue that otherwise would be lost from students not attending your schools
Benefits of Partnering with My Virtual Academy
- MVA partnership generates additional district opportunities to serve students not attending school or in jeopardy of dropping out.
- By serving these students, MVA can partner with the district and generate additional graduates
- Partnership creates an opportunity to be recognized state-wide as an online providers
- Opportunities to set up learning labs to create flexibility in student and staff schedules
Better for Communities
- School districts want the best for their students
- When schools succeed, communities succeed
- When district students succeed, they become positive contributors to the community
Current List of School District Partners
- Buchanan Community Schools
- Burr Oak Community Schools
- Climax-Scotts Community Schools
- Clintondale Community Schools
- DeWitt Public Schools
- Deckerville Community Schools
- Harper Woods School District
- Mancelona Community Schools
- Mattawan Consolidated School
- New Haven Community Schools
- Oak Park School District
- Parchment School District
- River Rouge School District
- Vandercook Lake Public Schools
- Westwood Heights Schools
DeWitt Public Schools has partnered with My Virtual Academy (MVA) for the past five years. It has been a fantastic relationship and I look forward to working with them for years to come. My Virtual Academy is a family-owned, Michigan based company. This is important to me because I think it helps them keep the focus on students and their needs and not on a corporate bottom line. I have found MVA to be very responsive to the needs of students. When we refer a student to MVA, we do it with full confidence that they are in good hands and that the staff and teachers at MVA will do everything they can to meet the individual needs of the student. From our end we find MVA to be very responsive, flexible and easy to work with. I confidently recommend My Virtual Academy to students and other partner schools.
John Deiter, Ph.D. Superintendent DeWitt Public Schools
My Virtual has been a good partner in helping us to grow our alternative program. The personnel are highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable. They also help us stay alert to any changes out of Lansing, and abreast of new opportunities to serve our students.
Peter Toal, Westwood Heights Superintendent
My Virtual Academy is a wonderful educational partner. When we were first exploring the idea of our Buchanan Virtual Academy, they did all the background research, answered all of our questions, helped us get the program set up, helped design brochures and did the marketing for us. We have face-to-face meetings monthly. We explore new possibilities together. If any new changes come from the state, not only do they meet with us, if we have to make changes to the program, they come with solutions. Our Buchanan Virtual Academy continues to grow and provide services for students who love learning online. They have become our "side by side" partners in education.
Dr. Andrea VanderLaan, Retired Buchanan Community School Superintendent